View instructions about how to request information concerning the Winston County Board of Education.
View all ALSDE Accountability Reports for Winston County School System
SIR Report Summary June 2011-June 2012 (A full report is available for viewing at the Winston County Board of Education Central Office)
Asbestos Report (2013)
Child Labor Brochure (2012)
ALSDE - Continuous Improvement Plan
Financial Accountability Reports (For the fiscal year ended September 30, 2013)
Financial Accountability Reports (For the fiscal year ended September 30, 2015)
Pride Surveys - 2010-2011
403B plans offered through the payroll process are available to all employees paid through the Winston County Board of Education payroll department (including substitutes).
Winston County School System Mission Statement, Values, and Beliefs
Mission Statement: The Winston County School System will prepare students for the 21st Century by engaging all learners in meaningful learning experiences that meet the highest educational and ethical standards in a caring, collaborative learning community supported through partnerships with parents and families, businesses, civic organizations, and higher education.
Values and Beliefs:
• have a shared responsibility for their own learning;
• have individual learning styles, needs, and gifts; education is most successful when these attributes are respected and utilized;
• must be prepared to embrace new opportunities and challenges in order to successfully transition from school to post-secondary education and/or careers;
• school readiness is a critical component of school success.
• are a student’s first teacher;
• have a shared responsibility for their student’s learning;
• must be empowered by schools to prepare for and support their student’s learning;
• have the right to be involved and informed about school policies and their student’s progress.
• Every employee is an educator and has shared responsibility for student learning;
• Effective classroom teachers are critical and assume primary responsibility for student learning;
• Effective leadership is key to student learning;
• Collaboration is fundamental to successful outcomes;
• Advancing the capabilities of all employees is essential to an excellent educational system.
• Learning is best served when collaboration occurs among students, parents, school and district personnel, and communities;
• Communities benefit from a strong public education system;
• Well managed physical facilities are a community asset and must be specifically designed, constructed, and maintained to advance learning.
• Education enhances the quality of life and is the foundation for a strong and free society;
• Education is a dynamic process improved through a continuous cycle of assessment, reflection, and modification;
• Educational resources must be managed effectively, transparently, and equitably;
• High standards and expectations must be maintained through a system of accountability.